devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Reza Naghibi <re...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Marketing material approval votes?
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2015 18:51:13 GMT
Its not really the technical hurdle of maintaining multiple branches or
modules, its the management side of it, or more specifically the PMC. Will
this project be able to properly foster and guide 2.0 to success? We cannot
deny its been a rollercoaster ride to this point and I think we all share
blame in not seeing the warning signs. I admit, since becoming heavily
involved, my agenda has been to move away from the legacy OpenDDR client. I
can say that I have not been successful in uniting the project around 1.x
client (either that or we just have an extremely vocal resistance).

Right now there are no new committers since no code for 2.0 has been
actually written. So point taken Bertrand, my idea to rebuild the PMC is a
bit premature since there are no obvious candidates right now.

This is kind of my conundrum... is it safe to plow forward with 2.0? In my
view, nothing has changed.

Will web technology wait for us? Is this a project or a playground? How
well can a democratic project handle competing goals?

Sorry for the rhetorical questions.