devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Plans and activities for coming months
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2015 10:37:28 GMT
Hi,

As mentioned, I was invited to talk about DeviceMap at codemotion Rome, one
of the largest developer conferences in the EMEA region (~30k+ attendees
across 3-4 events each year, so that's up to 10k for some of them)

Based on that W3C DDR Compatibility test in the repository we point to in
our W3C related notice, I work on filling it with test data and arguments
based on DeviceMap to see the results. The same test bed may be used on
future W3C DDR implementations based on new data structures. The test isn't
a simple JUnit like test, it requires tons of arguments that have to match,
but I hope to have it running ideally no later than Rome. Once it can be
executed at least manually (or if it's possible to automate it via Maven
after every project build) there's no reason preventing an official release
of the W3C artifacts, too. The test is pretty much a "TCK" provided by W3C
similar to any Java JSR, so I want to run it before releasing the W3C
implementation.

There hasn't been much going on with the .NET clients lately, but I need to
use a Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition now for other projects, thus I
hope to get a closer look at it with this free tool (which should make it
easier for people to use DeviceMap .NET without paying a huge subscription
fee;-)

ApacheCon Europe may start a CFP soon, the date has been confirmed and
it'll be in Budapest again. As soon as we see it on the Apache mailing
list, we could think about proposing something. I'd be in for that as I
should be in Europe then, too.

Regards,

Werner