devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Papkovskiy <konstan...@papkovskiy.com>
Subject Re: Mobile to be Next UX Battlegroundu
Date Sun, 18 Jan 2015 13:02:15 GMT
Hi, Reza

I have a comment regarding the device data. Some important for us device
attributes are missing in the DeviceMap vocabulary. Specifically, OpenRTB
standard describes the following device attributes that useful in the
advertising industry.
(see p. 3.2.11 of OpenRTB 2.3):
*devicetype* integer The general type of device. Refer to List 5.17.
make string Device make (e.g., “Apple”).
model string Device model (e.g., “iPhone”).
os string Device operating system (e.g., “iOS”).
osv string Device operating system version (e.g., “3.1.2”).
*hwv* string Hardware version of the device (e.g., “5S” for iPhone 5S).
h integer Physical height of the screen in pixels.
w integer Physical width of the screen in pixels.
*ppi* integer Screen size as pixels per linear inch.
*pxratio* float The ratio of physical pixels to device independent pixels.
js integer Support for JavaScript, where 0 = no, 1 = yes.
*flashver* string Version of Flash supported by the browser.

I marked bold the attributes that are missing. The full text of the
standard can be found here:
https://github.com/openrtb/OpenRTB/raw/master/OpenRTB-API-Specification-Version-2-3-FINAL.pdf

There is also very relevant note in that document:

There are currently no prominent open source lists for device makes,
> models, operating
> systems, or carriers. Exchanges typically use commercial products or other
> proprietary lists for these
> attributes. Until suitable open standards are available, exchanges are
> highly encouraged to publish lists
> of their device make, model, operating system, and carrier values to
> bidders.

Regards,

Konstantin