devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Olsen <dmol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Collecting Specs for UAs
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2015 14:16:11 GMT
Volkan-

If all you're looking for is actual device characteristics provided by a
manufacturer (as opposed to what a browser might tell you) you can also use
the UAProf data. For Samsung you can use:

http://wap.samsungmobile.com/uaprof/[DEVICEMODEL].xml

For example:

http://wap.samsungmobile.com/uaprof/SM-N900W8.xml

I think that will get you at least some of the data you require. Might be
helpful to review that spec with the group before automating the process
but at least it's something that could be automated.

--

http://dmolsen.com