devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Testing classifiers written in different languages
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2015 08:59:11 GMT
Hi,

Considering the discussion on multiple classifier (*) implementations,
I just wanted to point to [1] which (once suitably updated) might be
useful for testing clients written in different languages to verify
that they return the same results.

The idea of that file was to define a language-independent test data
set, each line contains a user-agent and a set of expected properties
output by the classifier.

-Bertrand

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/devicemap/trunk/contrib/test-data/src/main/resources/test-data/dmap_20130522.txt

(*) BTW I personally prefer using the more specific "classifier" term
over "client" which is quite generic and can be confusing if we start
having both server-side and client-side implementations.