devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GitHub and CI
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 11:12:56 GMT
Hi Volkan,

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 10:50 PM, Volkan Yazıcı <volkan.yazici@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...I (deadly) request from the board to migrate the
> project from Subversion to GitHub....

I'm sorry but the ASF's Board of Directors will not get involved into
doing this ;-)

And I'm not sure what you mean by "deadly", I'll assume good intentions.

As per [1] and [2] It's perfectly possible for DeviceMap to move to
Git if its PMC wants to do so and provided that someone volunteers to
do the migration work.

Using Github is possible as well, with a few restrictions related to
the ASF's independence and long-term sustainability principles.
Releases, for example, need to be cut from the canonical ASF-hosted
Git repository, to make sure we own our code's reference store.

-Bertrand

[1] https://git-wip-us.apache.org/
[2] https://git-wip-us.apache.org/docs/switching-to-git.html