devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GitHub and CI
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 11:45:06 GMT
On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 12:33 PM, Werner Keil <werner.keil@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you (or Radu, since Browsermap already uses Git) give us a little more
> details on what's necessary for that?...

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/docs/switching-to-git.html has basic
migration info but I suppose most of that is automated by now (haven't
been involved in any svn-to-git migration at the ASF myself so far).

The actual migration is done by the ASF infra team, but someone needs
to drive the effort, create the appropriate infra jira issues, discuss
how many and which Git repositories will be created, when's a good
time to migrate if there's some downtime etc.

http://s.apache.org/8C1 lists numerous such migration requests to
infra, if you look at the struts-* tasks for example they migrated to
multiple Git repositories which seems to be a good idea.

> My experience with Browsermap Git usage was, that on the SVN side it looks
> a bit strange and quite unusual...

I suppose we're talking about completely migrating to Git, not just
having a Git mirror like browsermap has?

-Bertrand