devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Too much discussion in JIRA apparently...
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 14:18:50 GMT
Hi,

I haven't followed the DMAP jira in detail recently, but it looks like
discussions are happening there.

Except for details related to a specific issue, t's much better for
"important" discussions to happen on this list so that everybody can
follow without having to look at each and every jira issue. We can
always use issue IDs like DMAP-1234 to make it clear what we are
talking about.

In Apache projects, all "important" discussions and decisions must
happen on the project's dev list - or they didn't happen.

Of course this depends on the meaning of "important"...I'd say as soon
as something is more than a specific detail about a specific issue.

-Bertrand