devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deleting the legacy ODDR client and related artifacts from SVN
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2015 19:55:07 GMT
-1

As Bertrand and others suggested this is an alternate client perfectly
legitimate and used by clients (your cDate implementation also used OpenDDR
data first and now the ) among them some of the largest banks.

You behave as if the DeviceMap project was your "property" not any better
than the guys who took WURFL out of the Open Source community.

Under no circumstances you must delete it.

I don't expect other PMC members to second so you don't do any stupid thing.

The W3C DDR implemementation works perfectly well, just because you don't
understand it doesn't mean it doesn't work.

If you did anything stupid to the W3C DDR implementation without a
qualified majority (I just gave my veto) this violated W3C compatibility,
hence on behalf of OpenDDR I could only withdraw/delete the entire
contribution made by OpenDDR. It'll be removed and you'd have to start from
zero with a "clean slate".

DDR data in the current structure is MADE for the W3C DDR client. Abusing
structures in ways you neither understand nor do they work in the
"Classifier Draft" (hence the broken test or code) is damaging an
detremental to the project, hence withdrawing all OpenDDR code and data
would be the only answer to such abuse.

Do you prefer that?

On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 6:58 PM, Reza Naghibi <reza.naghibi@yahoo.com.invalid