devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Catching up
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2015 12:21:34 GMT
P.s.: If you plan to implement a web-based UI for maintaining device data
(IMHO that could help device contribution quite a lot, I've been pushing
for this longer than many are even in the PMC;-) on .NET, please ask infra
or Bertrand about the possibility for a Windows VM. Virtualized boxes
should be possible with both Windows and UX, as long as there's no license
issue (that's the same as if you try using it on Jenkins)

If it's stable, sustainable (i.E. runs well on a CI server on a daily
basis;-) and well-maintained itself, I have no strong preference or
"religious" affection towards any platform, whether it's Java, PHP, Python
or .NET, what clients and projects both OS and commercial need, I use them
every day.

The community shall have a choice, not be restricted to just ONE language
or library. That's how we made OpenDDR so succesful and that's how it
should work even more in a polyglot Open Source Ecosystem like Apache or
Eclipse. Despite a few (or at least one) folks sadly behave more like a
paid "sleeper" hired and paid by ScientiaMobile to destroy DeviceMap rather
than act properly and fulfill their duties;-/

Werner