devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mobile to be Next UX Battlegroundu
Date Sat, 17 Jan 2015 22:43:37 GMT
On Sat, Jan 17, 2015 at 7:28 PM, Reza Naghibi <
reza.naghibi@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

> Do you have any feedback for 2.0 [0]? So we are doing a few things:
>
> -partitioning detection into device, browser, and os. No explanation here,
> should be clear why this is needed.

This has always been the case in existing data, BrowserDataSource
and OperatingSystemDataSource were not fully used by even the W3C compliant
API, but all of its definitions there already.

So we should make proper use of such separation, can't "invent" it, since
that was pretty well done by W3C DDR already;-)

> -creating a specification for data and apis to interact [1]. Similar to
> the above partitioning, this will allow for data and code to evolve
> independent of each other. This is already happening with the potential
> introduction of new classifier clients, like your ruby client...!
>
> 2.0 is still in its very early stages, so feedback is important.
>
> The reference client will be a clear guide to 2.0 implementation. This
> will be coming in the near future.
>
> [0] http://wiki.apache.org/devicemap/DeviceData2
>
> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/devicemap/DataSpec2

Still have to look into this in more detail, ideally examples could be
closer to the domain like "Series 6" or  similar rather than "I am 47 years
old".

Switching to Git for the 2.x artifacts would be worth a thought btw. We may
leave existing SVN structure but start using Git for some of the new stuff.

WDYT?

Werner