devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DMAP-112
Date Thu, 01 Jan 2015 16:48:37 GMT
Well, it's just a fact, the W3C Simple implementation shall be released as
1.0 according to a discussion we had a long time ago.

It's been around and stable almost ever since OpenDDR donated it and that
has not changed.
The only reason it was not released was an incompatible change (bug) you
slipped into a Data release 1.x where packages of builders were named
improperly.
This was fixed with 1.0,1, thus nothing prevents a release of the DDR
artifact.

There is no rift, we have a .NET client (which is barely maintained, but
that's another issue) and a new direction which allows more flexibility in
the "Cloud", e.g. retrrieving device data from various sources. That's
something W3C did not consider important, so the location of the data
source has to be fixed, that's the only real drawback of the W3C DDR
implementation. It could only be fixed in the W3C code we don't own;-)

I trust the PMC is wise enough to release the W3C DDR implementation,
because not only examples depend on it. And it provides functionality and
recognition power the "New Cloud" client will not get until V 2.0 as you
also said. It does not matter if that happens in JIRA or the mailing list,
JIRA is also transparent and allows us to see what's been done;)

Cheers,
Werner

On Thu, Jan 1, 2015 at 5:39 PM, Reza Naghibi <reza.naghibi@yahoo.com.invalid