devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Logging in DeviceMap
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2015 11:49:35 GMT
Hi,

This is one of the two development-side aspects I'd like to discuss, given
it was also raised in the Tamaya list (they are still incubating but try to
sort such things out at an earlier stage;-)

As of now we have at least 2, sometimes up to 3 ways of logging.

   - java.util.logging (mainly used by java-client/classifier alone)
   - log4j 1.2.17 (used by many examples web-apps especially those for
   classifier)
   - slf4j (though I think I caught most of it and replaced with log4j 2
   which offers an equally clean separation of API and Impl as SLF4J does)

We should try to consolidate this further. I am totally unbiased, maybe we
can just do a simple vote (like Tamaya PMC) in a "+1 for X" style?

Cheers,

Werner