devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Let's be clear (was: Should we implement the W3C DDR standard or not?)
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 19:44:56 GMT
Bertrand,

Many of the earlier discussions should have been marked "internal crap" I
agree or better not even started in the first place;-)

Some terms like "classifier" (occasionally I called this module "parser"
because that's exactly what it does while the "simpleddr" module reads most
XML files in a slightly different way, closer to say how Spring Framework
uses its XML files, there are embedded class references for its DI
mechanism) may not be clear to external bystanders, but in the DeviceMap
codebase that's exactly how this module is named. "DeviceMap Java Client"
is a label but since it's not the only client or library to access the data
it sounds more confusing than "classifier" which is exactly the name of the
Maven module.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DMAP-54 started to explain the
problem of the "command line console" built into the "classifier" client.
You see in the thread, that Volkan (as a relatively new participant in the
project via JIRA tickets or mailing list) also confused the built in Main
class (command line client) with separate Console examples to use the
classifier client from the command line, too.

Happy to create a separate thread on this list on how to separate them,
because the current duality (the initial example was provided by Reza, too)
makes no real sense.

Werner