devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mobile to be Next UX Battlegroundu
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2015 16:47:49 GMT
Konstantin,

Thanks for letting us know. Providing input here or if you have a JIRA user
(should be self-registering) file tickets there is a good way to start.
Those with significant input who are happy to sign the Apache Contributor
Agreement could eventually join a PMC and become committers, if they want.

Regards,
Werner

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 5:26 PM, Konstantin Papkovskiy <
konstantin@papkovskiy.com> wrote:

> Hi, Werner
>
> No, I am not a contributor. But I am very interested in further development
> of this project and willing to help.
>

> Regards,
>
> Konstantin
>
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 1:50 PM, Werner Keil <werner.keil@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Konstantin,
> >
> > Thanks for the input. Are you a contributor already or considering to
> > contribute?
> >
> > What I saw e.g. Unicode stores its vast CLDR data now with JSON as
> > preferred format: http://www.unicode.org/Public/cldr/26.0.1/
> > So I guess that looks like a decent future format.
> >
> > Also badly needed will be a way to convert existing XML into a new
> > structure, regardless of the format(s) we end up using.
> >
> > Werner
> >

> > On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 2:02 PM, Konstantin Papkovskiy <
> > konstantin@papkovskiy.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi, Reza
> > >
> > > I have a comment regarding the device data. Some important for us
> device
> > > attributes are missing in the DeviceMap vocabulary. Specifically,
> OpenRTB
> > > standard describes the following device attributes that useful in the
> > > advertising industry.
> > > (see p. 3.2.11 of OpenRTB 2.3):
> > > *devicetype* integer The general type of device. Refer to List 5.17.
> > > make string Device make (e.g., “Apple”).
> > > model string Device model (e.g., “iPhone”).
> > > os string Device operating system (e.g., “iOS”).
> > > osv string Device operating system version (e.g., “3.1.2”).
> > > *hwv* string Hardware version of the device (e.g., “5S” for iPhone 5S).
> > > h integer Physical height of the screen in pixels.
> > > w integer Physical width of the screen in pixels.
> > > *ppi* integer Screen size as pixels per linear inch.
> > > *pxratio* float The ratio of physical pixels to device independent
> > pixels.
> > > js integer Support for JavaScript, where 0 = no, 1 = yes.
> > > *flashver* string Version of Flash supported by the browser.
> > >
> > > I marked bold the attributes that are missing. The full text of the
> > > standard can be found here:
> > >

> https://github.com/openrtb/OpenRTB/raw/master/OpenRTB-API-Specification-Version-2-3-FINAL.pdf
> > >
> > > There is also very relevant note in that document:
> > >
> > > There are currently no prominent open source lists for device makes,
> > > other
> are
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Konstantin