devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to get the DDRSimpleAPI source code? (was: Does the build work?)
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2015 12:16:26 GMT
AFAIK W3C has a standard license, a quote can be seen under e.g. Xerces
https://xerces.apache.org/

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xerces/java/trunk/LICENSE.DOM-documentation.html?view=log
and
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/xerces/java/trunk/LICENSE.DOM-software.html?view=markup

As we use software, looks like the latter should be added in a similar way
like "LICENSE.DDR-software.html" to any artifact embedding the W3C JAR file.
We could ask Xerces or other Apache projects how they did this beyond what
the obvious license headers might help.

There is no more activity and they did not respond in the past e.g. to a
question about donating some PHP code (which would still be useful see our
language roster;-) so I would not expect either the owner of the GitHub
page (who is not the original author) nor people at companies like
Telefonica (who may be long gone now btw.) to respond or make any official
donation to DeviceMap the way OpenDDR did. We have to use the W3C standard
and APIs just like all the other projects, Xerces, Shindig (Open Social is
now a W3C standard but still work in progress) and others.

Werner

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 12:58 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org