devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to get the DDRSimpleAPI source code? (was: Does the build work?)
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 19:32:02 GMT
Please see how the "stable" usable W3C implementation did this for a long
time, the Jenkins builds also worked till our Jenkins instance faded:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/devicemap/trunk/devicemap/java/simpleddr/

The W3C may no longer maintain a code repo (if so it probably was CVS at
the time, SVN at most;-) but the original sources (not recompiled, JavaDoc
and headers with @author etc. are all intact) were rescued here:
https://github.com/fnk/w3c-ddr/tree/master/src/main/java/org/w3c/ddr/simple

Bertrand also did a similar "rescue" to the OS state of WURFL, so if
someone wanted to see or recompile it from the source, pointing to this
repo or creating a SRC-JAR with Maven and putting it somewhere is no
problem. Since we discussed earlier, that we shall not build it from there
and the binary JAR is available, Maven builds of the so far working W3C
implementations use a special Maven plugin (see the POM) that automatically
creates a maven dependency from that lib JAR.

You don't need to run any mvn install "magic" any more, that was an early
approach by OpenDDR I fixed after the implementation was contributed to
DeviceMap.
Please revisit again if necessary, but I believe that meets the Apache
requirements for 3rd party libraries and W3C is obviously used a lot also
by other projects.

Werner