devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Should we implement the W3C DDR standard or not?
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2015 17:30:19 GMT
What controls instantiation of the Builders are XML files like
BuilderDataSource.xml
<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/devicemap/trunk/data/device-data/src/main/resources/devicedata/BuilderDataSource.xml>
but
even that is not strictly mandated by W3C DDR that it has to be called that
way, it is more or less implementation specific. It is "Spring-like" thus
it could rather easily be replaced by a true DI mechanism on top of Spring,
Guice or Apache DeltaSpike in future versions;-)

While preserving the W3C compliant implementations. In theory even adding
W3C compliance to a future version of the "Parser" seems possible, it may
simply have 2 clients grow together some day...

Werner