devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Reza Naghibi <reza.nagh...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Improper "aliasing" of devices
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2015 06:22:29 GMT
Werner, please undo this commit immediately:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/devicemap/trunk/data/device-data/src/main/resources/devicedata/BuilderDataSource.xml?view=diff&r1=1648972&r2=1648973&pathrev=1648973

You just undid this ticket:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DMAP-86

That ticket was a request from an important user, Infomaker Scandinavia AB.

Secondly, I do not see the connection between that change and your claim that "aliasing" in
device data is breaking the client. I am shocked that you are being so persistent with very
little idea of what is going on. Quite literally, you are grasping at straws, only now you
are committing code. This is a serious problem.

I closed DMAP-119 and DMAP-120 because the unit tests fail when you link in device data 1.0.2.
The unit tests were designed around 1.0.1. The above enhancement, DMAP-86, added new devices
to 1.0.2. You then proceeded to test those devices against unit tests written against 1.0.1.
So obviously they are going to fail. This has nothing to do with aliasing.

Werner, this is your final warning. Please undo these changes immediately. Everything you
have done and said tonite leads me to believe you are extremely confused regarding how the
data and API work and what the goal of this project is. After you revert the changes you made
to the data and API, you are not to commit anymore changes to trunk. Am I clear?

No more arguments Werner. This is very serious. Please just do as I say and give it a break
for a few days.