devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Reza Naghibi <reza.nagh...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Workflow for adding new devices and unit testing
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2015 15:32:01 GMT
I just want to explain the workflow for adding new devices to the DDR and then creating unit
tests for them in the client.

The java client has around 1200 unit tests, each one testing a user-agent [0]. Everytime a
device gets added to the DDR, I create a unit test for it. I add its user-agent to [0] and
put the expected deviceId in there too.

So if you look at the bottom of the file, you can see that there are tests for SGP311 and
SGP312. These were adding from DMAP-86. However, since the unit tests are still using 1.0.1,
I have to put the 1.0.1 results, not the 1.0.2 results. This is because we cannot release
clients using snapshot versions of dependencies. Once the client gets released, we can increment
the unit test version to the latest releasable data candidate. In this case, that will be
1.0.2 and eventually 1.0.3. When you increment the test data version, you just have to change
the unit test results for the newly added devices. When the client comes near a release, we
also have to make sure we are on a data release and not a snapshot.

[0] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/devicemap/trunk/devicemap/java/classifier/src/test/resources/uas.data?view=markup