devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Reza Naghibi <reza.nagh...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Draft of 2.0 pattern spec
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2015 22:47:10 GMT
Here is a draft:

http://wiki.apache.org/devicemap/Patterns2

So this is what I envision as the meat of 2.0. Think of it as high level ideas. Nothing written
in stone, just brainstorming.

Note how there is no mention of devices, browsers, or os. This is done on purpose. The classifiers
simply implement this spec. They can focus on speed, efficiency, correctness. The data then
uses the spec to classify. Data shouldn't have to worry about how it gets implemented and
on what platform or language. So this spec allows for a really fast classification implementation
and very concise and expressive data domains. So both sides should be served well. I hope
:)

So thats really it. Please let me know your thoughts. Im going to dive back into trawling
JIRA for new devices and start getting the 1.0.2 data release ready.