devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Reza Naghibi <reza.nagh...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Separate "Console" from Java Client
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 14:48:39 GMT
You can only DOS code which is exposed on the web. I dont think calling a main() method is
a common practice in web development. If a developer chooses to do this, more power to them.
Its a choice, not a risk.

      From: Werner Keil <werner.keil@gmail.com>
 To: dev@devicemap.apache.org
 Sent: Thursday, January 8, 2015 9:29 AM
 Subject: Re: Separate "Console" from Java Client

It offers just "read only" access, so data could not be destroyed directly,
but a DOS (Denial Of Service) attack by executing Ten Thousands or Millions
of UA strings would already be risk enough to most companies. This happens
in similar ways e.g. against SQL databases and unless it's a really
unprotected enterprise server, those are also done much easier against a
console interface like Oracle SQL*Plus.

Werner

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 2:35 PM, Reza Naghibi <reza.naghibi@yahoo.com.invalid