devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Reza Naghibi <reza.nagh...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: How to get the DDRSimpleAPI source code? (was: Does the build work?)
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 18:27:16 GMT
Also, to further this point, I think that an API reference is important, but not the main goal
of this project. This is a data project, so we should look to standardize our data format,
not an API ontop of the data. This is a much better approach.

Take a look at frontend javascript. This standard is unusable in browsers, or pretty much
anything other than Java or OO. Not surprising given the age of this standard. A standardize
data format (think JSON) could easily be consumed on both front and backend. Just some food
for thought :)

      From: Reza Naghibi <reza.naghibi@yahoo.com.INVALID>
 To: "dev@devicemap.apache.org" <dev@devicemap.apache.org>
 Sent: Tuesday, January 6, 2015 1:18 PM
 Subject: Re: How to get the DDRSimpleAPI source code? (was: Does the build work?)

Everything is located here:

http://www.w3.org/TR/DDR-Simple-API/

It looks like a reference implementation. I agree, referencing that specific implementation
makes the code pretty much unusable. What needs to happen is an analytics or web framework
project would have to implement said W3C reference implementation, publish the implementation,
and then we would create an interface to it. Making an interface to the actual reference is
cart before the horse. Since we dont own any platform or framework solutions, not sure how
we can drive this other than asking that other projects use this standard.