devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Reza <re...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: ApacheCon CFP closing soon
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2015 21:51:10 GMT
I think its too early to discuss 2.0. Also, the current use cases for 1.0 are pretty limited,
a lot of them boil down to: 'isMobile?'. In my opinion, I do not feel that excited presenting
a talk about the past and 1.0. Selling device detection is pretty worn out. Im really ready
to move on. 2.0 is going to be a better story, a lot more use cases, more clients supporting
different languages, new domains, and we can even still do the 'isMobile?' classification
for those needing that.

      From: Werner Keil <werner.keil@gmail.com>
 To: dev@devicemap.apache.org; Reza Naghibi <reza.naghibi@yahoo.com>
 Sent: Monday, January 19, 2015 3:50 PM
 Subject: Re: Fwd: ApacheCon CFP closing soon

Could be based on what I did at ACE:
www.slideshare.net/keilw/apache-devicemap-apachecon-europe-2014 plus the
visions for 2.x,

Unless you either feel it's too far from your place in the US or too soon
for 2.x?

Everything under /examples works to demonstrate live, 3 Classifier/Client
ones and 2 showing the W3C compliant implementation. I showed both in
Budapest, at least the ones on the VM also worked nicely for people on
their own devices;-)