devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Reza Naghibi <reza.nagh...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: JIRA tickets and setting
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2015 13:56:01 GMT
Werner,

I had demoted your admin rights on JIRA last week purely out of concern since you had a history
of escalating incidents. I did not want to expose DeviceMap users to the situation as it was
unfolding. I sent an email warning you about this as well. I admit that this was not the correct
thing to do and I take responsibility for this. It was really the only thing I could do to
try and contain the situation.

Are you aware of the proper conduct on JIRA? Specifically, insulting and negative language
is never appropriate.

      From: Werner Keil <werner.keil@gmail.com>
 To: dev@devicemap.apache.org
 Sent: Tuesday, January 6, 2015 8:44 AM
 Subject: JIRA tickets and setting

Hi,

I noticed, at least one or two components "lost" a component lead recently.
Also the user (historically I have 2, Bertrand set the right credentials to
"keilw" allowing me to help as founding member to DeviceMap before code or
actual user IDs for commits were in place. Apache convention had me
change/recreate the JIRA user, so I had one "root" to manage and one simply
to work on tickets) Bertrand applied necessary credentials no longer works,
so I can't help fixing this.

Where no components exist or can be created, e.g. for Jenkins jobs, etc.
the default (no component) would always be assigned to just one user even
though that user may not be the person in charge of such action. Others
won't even see the task was created or be notified if they don't own the
ticket nor anybody (other than the standard assignee of all tickets) can
assign them properly without the necessary credentials.

TIA,
Werner