devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Reza Naghibi <reza.nagh...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Pattern.rank
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2014 14:04:52 GMT
Hmm... can you provide a reference or some kind of example showing that a single threaded read
after write is unreliable? I'm thinking if this is true, huge swaths of programs would be
deemed unsafe since read after write is quite a common memory pattern... :) No?

<volkan.yazici@gmail.com> </div><div>Date:12/30/2014  8:31 AM  (GMT-05:00)
Re: Pattern.rank </div><div>
predictable, consistent state only after its constructor returns, ..." In
its current form of Pattern:

Pattern(...) {
    this.boost = boost;
    this.rank = rank();
}

public long rank() {
    // access to this.boost
}

this.boost might not have been completely initialized when rank() tries to
access to it.