devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Reza Naghibi <reza.nagh...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject RE: Pattern.rank
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2014 13:14:43 GMT
Interesting... you cannot access instance variables in the constructor?

Also, this hasn't been fully implemented. Boost is going to be a DRR pattern attribute which
will allow 1 pattern to be configured to rank higher than another.

I have an objection and a question about Pattern class in Java client.

*Objection:* Pattern.rank() instance method gets called in ctor and
accesses to instance variables, which might not have been initialized yet
due to JMM semantics. I propose to fix it as in DMAP-115
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DMAP-115>.

*Question:* Shall we remove boost option on Pattern ctor? It is neither
used, nor available in .NET client.

Best.