devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deterministic Ngram Matcher Hits
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2014 15:36:45 GMT
At the moment pattern matching in the "Next Generation" client occurs on a
very broad range, so ambiguities are harder to handle.
The more diverse builders of the W3C DDR client do this on a finer grained
level, which allows pattern matching even based on UAs that are not fully
covered yet.

E.g. some "Samsung SG-XYZ" or similar is recognized based on a close enough
pattern. You get the closest device on record until the very same device
was added;-)

Werner