devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Reza Naghibi <reza.nagh...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: website prototype update
Date Fri, 26 Dec 2014 22:00:15 GMT
Java vs ruby isnt really a concern. Just concerned about having to run a full website stack
just to update the site. I think having something hosted, like cms.apache.org would be more
ideal.

Would like to be democratic about this, so if people are for it, then this is ok to move forward
with.

So if we use Jekyll, our website still runs on apache httpd? Jekyll just publishes rendered
HTML to svn and that gets put behind httpd?

      From: Werner Keil <werner.keil@gmail.com>
 To: dev@devicemap.apache.org; Reza Naghibi <reza.naghibi@yahoo.com>
 Sent: Friday, December 26, 2014 4:37 PM
 Subject: Re: website prototype update

I know it a bit, Jekyll also runs the Agorava site.
If you prefer something similar running Java, we use JBake (www.jbake.org) for JSR 354 and
363 project sites.
Werner

On Fri, Dec 26, 2014 at 5:21 PM, Reza Naghibi <reza.naghibi@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

Is there anyway to get this solution hosted? Not sure if my little micro VM can run a headless
virtualbox. Might be able to run a ruby stack, thats just completely new territory for me,
so that may not be my best option.