devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Reza Naghibi <reza.nagh...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Promoting devicemap strengths
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2014 21:34:33 GMT
So now that our project is picking up, I would like to better market the strengths of this
project. For now, im thinking of a blurb on the homepage. Here is what I have so far:

-We are the only truly open source DDR out there. Our data and API are completely free and
open. We have the backing of the Apache Software Foundation.
-We have a state of the art classification API. Unlike other APIs which classify and detect
devices using a mix of code, parsing, and regex, we are purely pattern driven. Our classification
API is domain independent.
-With our upcoming 2.0 release, we will be the the only DDR which allows devices to be classified
using 3 independent and unrelated aspects: device, operating system, and browser.
-We are a great choice for HTTP log analysis. DeviceMap can easily classify your traffic logs
to better understand your user device composition.

Thoughts? Additions? Better wording? Also, what about browsermap? What can we say about that
aspect of this project?

Also, I just want to add that I think realtime HTTP device classification is just as relevant
as ever. Companies are always asking for it. Also, from first hand experience, I am still
seeing large complex webapps fail when trying to be 100% css responsive. These projects would
have greatly benefited from simple backend device templating and/or user choice of templating.
Ex: Do you want to view our Lite or Desktop site?