devicemap-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Keil <werner.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: User-Agents
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2014 12:48:51 GMT
I'm sure, Bertrand can add something regarding the general IP question, but
as far as user agents are concerned, I can only repeat what I said in my
talks.
They are common knowledge and come from the device (unless somebody made
one up for whatever reason;-)
So while actually committing to devicemap-data in the repository requires a
contributor agreement, I am not aware of one you have to sign before using
JIRA.

If we ever offered a service, then access to that may require some
click-through agreement where users who intend to contribute new data agree
they do this on their own behalf. Otherwise, say someone does it from an
employer's place or browser there could be a conflict, but that's the same
for all contributions.

Werner

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 1:09 PM, eberhard speer jr. <seshat@ducis.net>