deltaspike-users mailing list archives

From Rafael Pestano <rmpest...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trying mocks using Deltaspike Test Control
Date Tue, 09 May 2017 17:01:17 GMT
Hi,

I've run into the same issue last week where we forgot to include
deltaspike-core-impl in classpath (it was a project which only uses DS for
IT testing).

So +1 for:

"My mistake to not try to add them before but maybe it should be included in
the test control documentation at
http://deltaspike.apache.org/documentation/test-control.html"

> Thanks, works fine....
>
> Will try some other use cases we previously used CDIUnit for....
>
> ...will post here if I have some other questions...
>
> Thanks for the help so far
> Regards
> LF
>
> On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 3:37 PM, Gerhard Petracek <
> gerhard.petracek@gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
> > hi lars-fredrik,
> >
> > mocking them (without changing the overall behavior or creating a leak or
> > risking side-effects) isn't that easy.
> > -> if you need to mock them, please use @Specializes for your (manual)
> > mock-instance in the test-classpath (which extends the original bean).
> >
> > regards,
> > gerhard
> >
> > http://www.irian.at
> >
> > Your JavaEE powerhouse -
> > JavaEE Consulting, Development and
> > Courses in English and German
> >
> > Professional Support for Apache
> > MyFaces, DeltaSpike and OpenWebBeans

> > > Hi Gerhard et al
> > >
> > > I got it to work, the problem I had with the following output:
> > >
> > > java.lang.IllegalStateException: The support for mocked CDI-Beans is
> > > disabled due to a reduced portability across different
> > CDI-implementations.
> > > Please set 'deltaspike.testcontrol.mock-support.allow_mocked_beans'
> > and/or
> > > 'deltaspike.testcontrol.mock-support.allow_mocked_producers' to 'true'
> > (in
> > > 'META-INF/apache-deltaspike.properties') on your test-classpath.
> > >
> > > ...was since I didn't include the following dependencies
> > >
> > >         <dependency>
> > >             <groupId>org.apache.deltaspike.core</groupId>
> > >             <artifactId>deltaspike-core-api</artifactId>
> > >             <version>1.7.2</version>
> > >         </dependency>
> > >         <dependency>
> > >             <groupId>org.apache.deltaspike.core</groupId>
> > >             <artifactId>deltaspike-core-impl</artifactId>
> > >             <version>1.7.2</version>
> > >             <scope>runtime</scope>
> > >         </dependency>
> > >
> > > My mistake to not try to add them before but maybe it should be
> included
> > in
> > > the test control documentation at
> > > http://deltaspike.apache.org/documentation/test-control.html since it
> > > already mentions all other dependencies needed.
> > >
> > > Also I had some problem mocking @Dependent CDI beans (@RequestScoped
> > works
> > > fine though)... can that be done? I get an error that looks like this:
> > >
> > > java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
> > > shb.test.ADependentTestClass$$EnhancerByMockitoWithCGLIB$$9502ee22
> > isn't a
> > > supported approach for mocking -> please extend from the original
> class.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > LF

> >:

> > and
> > META-INF/apache-deltaspike.

> [...]

Rafael M. Pestano

Desenvolvedor Java Cia. de Processamento de Dados do Rio Grande do Sul
http://rpestano.wordpress.com/
@realpestano