deltaspike-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Lustig <tm.lus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Howto use DeltaSpike Configuration Module for userprofiles
Date Sun, 26 Mar 2017 07:19:36 GMT
Yes, the staging support in the Deltaspike configuration module is the same
idea, that adds an additional dimension.
Therefore i also thought about using the "staging"-dimension as my
"user-dimension",
but this is only a workaround. maybe it would be great the have
user-specific configuration (= userprofile) AND staging support.

I think configuration and preferences are the same and should be stored in
the same place.
This makes an application easy to administrate in a production scenario
(e.g. provisioning, backup/restore,...)
This also allows to overload standard configuration values of an
application by user-specific "preferences" during runtime.

It would be nice to have just deltapike configuration module without using
a parallel "preferences-service" that does the same.

regards

Thomas