deltaspike-users mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de.INVALID>
Subject Re: Howto use DeltaSpike Configuration Module for userprofiles
Date Sat, 25 Mar 2017 14:36:48 GMT
I did reread the original post again and I think I had a different picture in mind.

In my reply, I was thinking about the following use case:

mycomp.somebatch.error.emails=a@mycomp,b@mycomp,c@mycomp

List<String> emails = ConfigResolver.resolve("mycomp.somebatch.error.emails).getListValue();

or

mycomp.someprocess.retry.times=30, 60,180,600

List<Integer> retryTimes = ConfirResolver.resolve("mycomp.someprocess.retry.times").as(Integer.class).getListValue();

But those 'lists' are something different than Thomas Lustig meant I think (after reading
again).

This is close to what I had as 'lookupChain' in my Config JSR proposal.
It is basically the same like ProjectStageAware and PropertyAware, but abstracted out to be
attribute independent.
Something like

String val = ConfigProvider.resolve("some.key).
    withLookupChain("${deltaspike.ProjectStage}", "${profile_key}, "postgres")
    .getValue();

This will kind of go through the matrix in a bitwise fashion and check for existing post-fixes
like described in [1]. Just fully dynamic.
If the value contains a ${} then it is a variable which will get evaluated first. Without
it's just a hardcoded postfix.

makes sense?

LieGrue,
strub