deltaspike-users mailing list archives

From Matti Tahvonen <ma...@vaadin.com>
Subject Re: EAR using Deltaspike
Date Sat, 17 Sep 2016 15:50:50 GMT
I hope you are not literally following those instructions as they are rather dated. As John
said you are probably better of with plain war packaging these days. If you are using  Vaadin
CDI ( and you should, even though the old wiki instructions don't mention), I'd check there
are no version collisions with Deltaspike. Vaadin CDI depends on an older version, but you
can most probably exclude its dependencies and use a newer version.

I hope this helps,
Matti

> On 17 Sep 2016, at 4.38, <rnaguiar@gmail.com> <rnaguiar@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I just starting to try using deltaspike.
> To begin I create a EAR Project using the tutorial (https://vaadin.com/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Implementing+Enterprise+Web+applications+with+Vaadin),
and deploying on a Wildfly 10.1 .
> This is made of three components:
> • Common – where I keep my entities
> • Backend – used for the EJB and where I try to use the Deltaspike
> • UI – using Vaadin (I think that this is irrelevant for my problem)
>
> On the “Backend”, I add this to my pom.xml:
>    …
>        <dependency>
>                <groupId>org.apache.deltaspike.distribution</groupId>
>                <artifactId>distributions-bom</artifactId>
>                <version>1.7.1</version>
>                <type>pom</type>
>                <scope>import</scope>
>            </dependency>
>        </dependencies>
>    …
>        <dependency>
>            <groupId>org.apache.deltaspike.core</groupId>
>            <artifactId>deltaspike-core-api</artifactId>
>            <scope>compile</scope>
>        </dependency>
>        <dependency>
>            <groupId>org.apache.deltaspike.core</groupId>
>            <artifactId>deltaspike-core-impl</artifactId>
>            <scope>runtime</scope>
>        </dependency>
>        <dependency>
>            <groupId>org.apache.deltaspike.modules</groupId>
>            <artifactId>deltaspike-data-module-api</artifactId>
>            <scope>compile</scope>
>        </dependency>
>        <dependency>
>            <groupId>org.apache.deltaspike.modules</groupId>
>            <artifactId>deltaspike-data-module-impl</artifactId>
>            <scope>runtime</scope>
>        </dependency>
>
> And exposed the entity manager:
>    public class CdiConfig {
>    @Produces
>    @Dependent
>    @PersistenceContext(unitName = "proto2")
>    public EntityManager entityManager;
>    }
>
> Next, I created a simple entity:
> @Entity
> @Table(name = "customers")
> public class Customer {
>    private String contactPerson;
>    private String email;
>    << Setters and Getters add>>
>    …
>
> And an generic repository to host common methods:
> public interface GenericRepository<T> extends EntityRepository<T, Long> {
>    public T findById(Long id);
> }
>
> Last, I created a specific eepository for the customer entity:
> @RequestScoped
> @Repository(forEntity = Customer.class)
> public interface CustomerRepository extends GenericRepository<Customer> {
>    public QueryResult<Customer> findByNameLikeIgnoreCase(String filter);
> }
>
> The problem is that when I deploy the .ear file, I get this errors:
> 12:15:30,686 WARN  [org.jboss.modules] (MSC service thread 1-3) Failed to define class
org.rna.vaadin.proto2.ejb.dao.GenericRepository in Module "deployment.proto2.ear.backend.jar:main"
from Service Module Loader: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Failed to link org/rna/vaadin/proto2/ejb/dao/GenericRepository
(Module "deployment.proto2.ear.backend.jar:main" from Service Module Loader): org/apache/deltaspike/data/api/EntityRepository
>    at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor39.newInstance(Unknown Source)
>    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
>    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
> …
> And,
> 12:15:30,686 WARN  [org.jboss.modules] (MSC service thread 1-3) Failed to define class
org.rna.vaadin.proto2.ejb.dao.CustomerRepository in Module "deployment.proto2.ear.backend.jar:main"
from Service Module Loader: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Failed to link org/rna/vaadin/proto2/ejb/dao/CustomerRepository
(Module "deployment.proto2.ear.backend.jar:main" from Service Module Loader): Failed to link