deltaspike-users mailing list archives

From Xavier Dury <kal...@hotmail.com>
Subject NPE in AbstractManualInvocationHandler
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2016 13:49:34 GMT
Hi,

Since I upgraded to DeltaSpike 1.7.0 / TomEE 7.0.1, I get NPEs when calling some repositories
in a multi-threaded batch.

    at org.apache.deltaspike.proxy.impl.invocation.AbstractManualInvocationHandler.invoke(AbstractManualInvocationHandler.java:40)
    at org.apache.deltaspike.proxy.impl.invocation.DelegateManualInvocationHandler.staticInvoke(DelegateManualInvocationHandler.java:39)

That line contains the following code:

List<Interceptor<?>> interceptors = interceptorLookup.lookup(proxy, method);

So it seems that interceptorLookup was not initialized correctly.

I see there is a double-check locking on a volatile Boolean for initialization in that class...
Wouldn't it be better if the locking occurred on the interceptorLookup or if the interceptorLookup
would also be declared as volatile?

Regards,

Xavier