deltaspike-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Frühbeck <fruehb...@aon.at>
Subject Re: Is it truly impossible to lookup @ViewScoped etc with BeanProvider?
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2016 05:29:35 GMT
Karl,
this sounds a bit strange indeed :-)

your write: "this thread is also disconnected from my Bean and it fails
to look it up"

Anything in the session/view scopes will have to be serializable, and a
thread isnt.
A solution I could imagine is an @ApplicationScoped bean as
ThreadReferenceHolder HashMap<String,Runnable> to hold and manage the
spawned threads.
Your ViewScoped beans then only need to hold the thread reference keys -
now they are Serializable.

The ThreadReferenceHolder will be injected on each invocation of your
ViewScoped beans.

So you have a reference from ViewScoped beans to the threads, the other
way round I cannot imagine it will work correctly..

w.d.y.t?