deltaspike-users mailing list archives

From Luigi Bitonti <uknad...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: OrderByQueryStringPostProcessor
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2016 08:58:57 GMT
Hi John,
If you add the following test to QueryResultTest.java in deltaspike-data-module:
    @Test    public void should_sort_all_result()    {        List<Simple>
result = repo.queryAll()
                .orderDesc(Simple_.counter)                .orderAsc(Simple_.id)
              .getResultList();    }
 You'll get the following error:

Tests in error:   should_sort_all_result(org.apache.deltaspike.data.impl.QueryResultTest):
org.hibernate.hql.internal.ast.QuerySyntaxException: Invalid path: 'e.counter' [select s from
org.apache.deltaspike.data.test.domain.Simple s order by e.counter DESC,e.id ASC]
This is an overly simplistic case that could be worked around by using 'e' as an alias in
queryAll (instead of 's'), but in more complex case with joins and order by clauses that use
associated entities there's no workaround that I can see.
I tried (briefly I must confess) to work around this by creating an alternative QueryBuilderFactory
that could then allow me to avoid using WrappedQueryBuilder, DefaultQueryResult and (ultimately)
OrderByQueryStringPostProcessor but code duplication made the solution rather ugly, so I gave
up and decided to ask.
Cheers,Luigi