deltaspike-users mailing list archives

From Stephen More <stephen.m...@gmail.com>
Subject migrate from MyFaces CODI to DeltaSpike == WELD-001303: No active contexts for scope type org.apache.deltaspike.core.api.scope.WindowScoped
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2016 20:32:32 GMT
I have a MyFaces CODI application that utilizes WindowScoped beans. (
Session per tab - so thankful for that. )

I have been able to create url links that navigate to jsf pages using a
servlet. (
http://balusc.omnifaces.org/2006/06/communication-in-jsf.html#AccessingTheFacesContextInsideHttpServletOrFilter
)

protected void service(HttpServletRequest request,HttpServletResponse
response) throws ServletException, IOException
{
javax.faces.context.FacesContext context = FacesUtil.getFacesContext(
request, response );
TabInfo tabInfo = context.getApplication().evaluateExpressionGet( context,
"#{tabInfo}", TabInfo.class );
tabInfo.setImportantInfo( ii );

javax.servlet.RequestDispatcher dispatcher =
getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher( "/detail.jsf" );
dispatcher.forward( request, response );
}

Everything has been working flawlessly.

When I try to achieve the exact same feature using DeltaSpike, tabInfo will
come back null.

When I try:
        TabInfo tabInfo = (TabInfo)application.createValueBinding(
"#{tabInfo}" ).getValue( context );
the following will show up in error logs:
       "org.jboss.weld.context.ContextNotActiveException: WELD-001303: No
active contexts for scope type
org.apache.deltaspike.core.api.scope.WindowScoped"

I appreciate any help you can provide.
-Thanks