deltaspike-users mailing list archives

From Luigi Bitonti <uknad...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: deltaspike dbunit
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2016 13:33:35 GMT
Hi Rafael,

Many thanks for your interest and contributions.

@DatabaseTest controls transactions (i.e. rollback/commit), and enables them at the test level.
Tests have to be part of a transaction to follow a pattern such as: load data; run test; verify
db data; rollback transaction. Without rollback, this is not really necessary as db status
can be checked after commit (i.e. outside the transaction).
If you look at the implementation, @DatabaseTest (and @DatabaseNoRollbackTest) is just an
extension of the Deltaspike @Transactional interceptor (see TestAwareTransactionStrategy).
@DatabaseTest is kept separate from @DatabaseSetup for clarity. They could be joined I guess,
but I am not sure I'd like it.

If you want to run your tests using an IDE you'll need to start the derby server manually
or alternatively you could use derby embedded (that can be configured in persistence.xml).
I prefer to use maven and derby (or hypersonic) in server mode.

Cheers,
Luigi