deltaspike-users mailing list archives

From "l.penet@senat.fr" <l.pe...@senat.fr>
Subject Re: Dynamic configuration
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2015 14:11:45 GMT
On 16/12/2015 12:45, Gerhard Petracek wrote:
> hi ludovic,
>
> what you can do right now is to check BeanManagerProvider#isActive + use an
> optional lookup via BeanProvider#getContextualReference (or use
> BeanProvider#injectFields lazily) in your config-source.
That is exactly what I do ! :-)

But, as I am sure you understood, I would prefer to not even try to get
configuration values from those sources before CDI is booted.

In fact, I am using something like

         if(BeanManagerProvider.isActive()) {
             try {
                 myBean = BeanProvider.getContextualReference(MyBean.class);
             } catch(IllegalStateException ise) {
                 // happens sometimes when CDI is not fully booted
                 myBean = null;
             }
         }

As you can see, I have to catch an exception, because
BeanManagerProvider#isActive is not enough.

Ludovic