deltaspike-users mailing list archives

From "Roos, Robin" <Robin.R...@ntc-europe.co.uk>
Subject RE: Extending EntityRepository interface and EntityRepositoryHandler class
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2015 15:23:12 GMT
Thomas / John, thanks for your input on this.

Here is what I have so far.  I must apologise I am unable to test it here in the UK, but will
propose it to the (offshore) team if you guys don't see any immediate issues.

Here is the interface with the add() method:

public interface PersistentCollection<E> {
    void add(E entity);
}

And the handler which implements DelegateQueryHandler and provides the implementation:

public class PersistentCollectionHandler<E> implements PersistentCollection<E>,
DelegateQueryHandler {
    @Inject
    private QueryInvocationContext context;

    @RequiresTransaction
    public void add(E entity) {
        context.getEntityManager().persist(entity);
    }
}

Our project is called Whale (don’t ask), so a Repository will no longer extend EntityRepository
directly but will instead extend WhaleRepository:

public interface WhaleRepository<E, PK extends Serializable> extends EntityRepository<E,
PK>, PersistentCollection<E> {
}

One of our persistent Domain objects is called Family; here is that Repository interface now
using the WhaleRepository parent:

@ApplicationScoped
@Repository
@EntityManagerConfig(entityManagerResolver = WhaleEntityManagerResolver.class)
public interface FamilyRepository extends WhaleRepository<Family, FamilyPK> {
    Family findByFamilyCode(String familyCode);
}

IntelliJ is happy that FamilyRepository instances now have an add(Family) method:

[cid:image001.png@01D1285E.5D3A6540]

So, given that I am unable actually to test, does this look feasible?

Thanks again, Robin.