deltaspike-users mailing list archives

From bu...@dakosy.de
Subject session cookie dropped by internet explorer 11
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2015 07:23:29 GMT
Hi all,

I'm not sure if you can help me in this case, but you are my last chance
after contacting RedHat support and using stackoverflow.

In one of our projects we've migrated a web application to JSF 2.1,
RichFaces 4.5.9.Final and JBoss EAP 6.3. And we've also added DeltaSpike
1.4.1 to that project.

After that, we are facing some problems with session cookies in Internet
Explorer 11. I found information that IE11 has problems with session
cookies, but it seems that this problems are not in general, because I
only found few information regarding this.

The problem is, when a user is working with Internet Explorer 11,
sometimes the user will be kicked out randomly before the session expiry
time exceeds.

For example a user kicked out after around one hour while the user was
active during that time. The log file contains no exceptions or any other
information that are in conjunction with it. Only our registrated
SessionListener logged out that a new session was created. After five
hours (we've set the session-timeout value to "300" (5h) in web.xml) the
SessionListener also logged out the the first session (before the user
kicked out) was destroyed.

The access logging shows that the client simply stopped providing the
session cookie to JBoss.

We've already contacted RedHat support regarding this and they told us:
"Since the container isn't expiring or removing the session here and it is
only seen on IE, it looks like it is an unfortunate IE bug dropping the
session."

Is there anyone else who noticed the same behavior when working with IE11?

Because we've added DeltaSpike to the project and we don't facing this
issue before, maybe DeltaSpike causing the problems in IE11. So maybe you
have any idea how we can solve the issue?

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,
Marco