deltaspike-users mailing list archives

From Christian Kaltepoth <christ...@kaltepoth.de>
Subject Re: Problem with servlet module
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2015 13:59:28 GMT
Hey Ludovic,

=> so :
> * there are two "logical" requests in this case.
> * the forward to login.xhtml is just some sort of "inner request", and its
> result will be sent as the first, "original" request result.

That's absolutely correct. I guess Tomcat "forwards" the request to the
login page instead of sending a redirect. I think this is required by the
spec. A "forward" is a standard Servlet feature. You can for example
configure your filters so that they are also invoked for forwarded requests
("DispatchType" in web.xml).

However, from my understanding of the ServletRequestListener javadocs the
listener refers to "physical" requests. It says:

[...] enter the first servlet or filter of the web application.

Unfortunately I didn't find anything in the Servlet spec that clarifies
 this.

Would be interesting to hear what the Tomcat guys think about this.

Christian

--
Christian Kaltepoth
Blog: http://blog.kaltepoth.de/