deltaspike-users mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Extended EntityManager
Date Sat, 18 Apr 2015 05:35:45 GMT
But in your example only the bean ‚holding‘ the producer method is @ConversationScoped.
The EntityManager you create is only @RequestScoped (which is good imo!), right? So the lifecycle
of the EM will effectively be 1-per-prequest.

LieGrue,
strub

instance in a variable, variable held in the @ConversationScoped Bean that "contains" the
producer that "exposes" this EM in the @RequestScope
> The EM is opened/closed only on conversation boundaries (short or long) , very similar
to what Seam 2 does (In CDI,  Conversations length is not exactly the same as in Seam Conversations)
> Denis
>
> Le 2015-04-17 16:05, Ludovic Pénet a écrit :
>> Thanks to everybody for your valuable adviced.
>>
>> I ended with an @ApplicationScoped EntityManagerProducer, producing @ViewAccessScoped
ExtendedEntityManager.
>> ExtendedEntityManager is identical to DS JPA example.
>>
>> So, something very close from DS JPA page example.
>>
>> http://deltaspike.apache.org/documentation/jpa.html#_extended_persistence_contexts
>>
>> In fact, I am still a bit puzzled by DS JPA example, because the EntityManager it
produces is @RequestScoped.

>> So, when I basically copied/pasted it, the EM was just opened and closed on every
request. And, for an example, session was closed when some hibernate proxies were accessed
during serialization...

a scope such as @ViewScoped, @SessionScoped or @ViewAccessScoped rather than @RequestScoped
?