deltaspike-users mailing list archives

From titou10 <titou10.tito...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Extended EntityManager
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2015 20:30:31 GMT
I can't comment on the DS/JPA example, but that's why the solution we use keeps the EM instance
in a variable, variable held in the
@ConversationScoped Bean that "contains" the producer that "exposes" this EM in the @RequestScope
The EM is opened/closed only on conversation boundaries (short or long) , very similar to
what Seam 2 does (In CDI,  Conversations
length is not exactly the same as in Seam Conversations)
Denis

Le 2015-04-17 16:05, Ludovic Pénet a écrit :
> Thanks to everybody for your valuable adviced.
>
> I ended with an @ApplicationScoped EntityManagerProducer, producing @ViewAccessScoped
ExtendedEntityManager.
> ExtendedEntityManager is identical to DS JPA example.
>
> So, something very close from DS JPA page example.
>
> http://deltaspike.apache.org/documentation/jpa.html#_extended_persistence_contexts
>
> In fact, I am still a bit puzzled by DS JPA example, because the EntityManager it produces
is @RequestScoped.

> So, when I basically copied/pasted it, the EM was just opened and closed on every request.
And, for an example, session was closed when some hibernate proxies were accessed during serialization...

such as @ViewScoped, @SessionScoped or @ViewAccessScoped rather than @RequestScoped ?