deltaspike-users mailing list archives

From Karl Kildén <karl.kil...@gmail.com>
Subject ExceptionHandler root cause is the only one thrown?
Date Sun, 01 Mar 2015 13:11:43 GMT
Hello,

I have a typical use case I can't figure out what I might misunderstand. I
have a java.net.ConnectException as root exception. This is wrapped by
SolrServerException. I want my handler on SolrServerException because the
ConnectionException is to broad and I can't draw any conclusions. However
the SolrServerException is easy to parse and print a good message to the
end user.

Problem is I have a general dump Handler that takes Exception and redirects
to error page. This is where my exception ends up BEFORE  handler that
takes SolrServerException. I want it to try to whole chain up to the outer
cause before going to my handler that takes Exception...

Cheers