deltaspike-users mailing list archives

From Deven Phillips <deven.phill...@gmail.com>
Subject Jetty WebSocketClient Causing Scope Issues . . . I think...
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2015 02:41:09 GMT
So, I am trying to use DeltaSpike in an application which also uses Jetty's
WebSocket API (for a client connection)... The problem I appear to be
having is that when Jetty fires up separate threads for the WebSocket
client/handlers, they are not being properly scoped for CDI... When I try
to do certain operations with injected resources, I get:

UpdateSocket:199 - WELD-001303 No active contexts for scope type
javax.enterprise.context.RequestScoped

I read a post on StackOverflow which suggests that for each new thread I
need to create a request scope.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26631093/no-active-contexts-for-scope-type-javax-enterprise-context-requestscoped-when-in

How do I do that in a way that is not WELD specific?

Thanks in advance!

Deven