deltaspike-users mailing list archives

From Christian Beikov <christian.bei...@gmail.com>
Subject Exclude annotation
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2014 20:21:09 GMT
Hello guys!

I implemented an extension that excludes a bean or producer only if a
bean for a user specified type exists.
Here a little example:

public class AImpl1 implement A { ... }

@ExcludeIfExists(A.class)
public class AImpl2 implement A { ... }

When both classes are on the classpath, AImpl2 will be vetoed.
When only AImpl2 is on the classpath, a bean will be created for it.

This was something that I was missing when trying to use the Exclude
annotation of Deltaspike. Now I would like to know if you are interested
in such an extension. I can provide you the basic code, which is
actually not that trivial.
I think many people would benefit from this extension. Especially the
servlet module could benefit from that too since it could replace
current usages of the Deltaspike qualifier on the producers with the
exclude annotation. Then the servlet module could provide beans for the
servlet resources on EE6 servers. On EE7 servers those beans would be
vetoed since EE7 servers already provides default beans for many resources.

I hope you like the idea and I can help get that into the next
deltaspike release.
--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
*Christian Beikov*