deltaspike-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Schön <rainer.schoen....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Another ExceptionHandler issue
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2014 14:23:03 GMT
Thanks Jason for your quick reply.

Unfortunately, Mr. Murphy put his dirty hands in my tests. I redefined the exception state
variable in the PostConstruct method, thus the variable remained null. And my test exception
has as root exception a NullPointerException. (I will never do that again!). So each invocation
of the submitted test has only one exception with no other cause (thus no cause stack), a
NullPointerException.

So the doc is correct, the invocations of the event handlers will bubble up the exception
stack.

There is only one drawback. The invocation of the root exception will follow the class hierarchy
and thus invoke the handlers  of the 'last resort' (Throwable, Exception) in the first turn
before traversing the whole stack. Ideally they should be invoked only after the end of the
turn. But maybe there is a simple solution for that I did not find out?

Again, my apologies
Regards, Rainer